CAKE WITH STRAWBERRIES AND MASCARPONE
For sponge cake:
150 g of sugar
140 g flour
For the cream:
500 g mascarpone cheese (Almette or other cream cheese)
80 g icing sugar
pinch of salt
1.5 tbsp gelatin
For the top:
150-200 g strawberries
a bag of jelly cake (I took black)
open-ended form 23 to 26 cm
1. Prepare the dough for sponge cake — beat separately the yolks and whites and sugar, combine with the sifted flour.
2. Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for 25-30 minutes, the oven door do not open.
3. Ready sponge let cool on the grill, cut the top to form a cake thickness of about 2-2,5 see
4. Proceed to the cream. Gelatin fill 4 tablespoons of water, give to swell, then on the stove bring to dissolve (do not allow to boil!). Let cool almost to room temperature.
5. Eggs divided into whites and yolks. Yolks whisk until lightening with powdered sugar. A couple tablespoons of weight mixed with gelatin, then add this mixture in a large bowl with Zelkova-sugar mixture and mix well.
6. Add mascarpone room temperature and stir until a smooth homogeneous mass.
7. Beat whites with a pinch of salt in a cool foam.
8. In two steps combine the whites and yolk-cheese mass, carefully mixing movements from the bottom up.
9. Put the cake into shape. Pour on top of cream.
10. Put in the fridge for an hour so that the cream fresh.
11. Strawberries cut into slices and stacked on top of frozen cream.
12. Prepare the jelly from the sachet according to the corresponding instruction. Let cool to room temperature (if using bystrodeistviya from “Dr. Oetker” — not cool) and fill the strawberries. Put the cake in the fridge for 4 hours.
13. Gently hold a thin knife along the side of the form and remove it.